Wednesday, March 9, 2011

February!-Amethyst

I know, I know. It is not February anymore. I sat down on the 26th of February and I guess I did not have the guts to post it... This room is not my style but it is done very well. I can appreciate many rooms even though they are not my style. So being in the February mood, here is the room that inspired me to work in all colors:

This room reminds me of a girls room in the attic in an old farm house looking over the land of France. The reason this room was executed correctly was the use of pattern and color. Many would not choose a toile, a check and a bold in the same room. Never fear the use of pattern! The bed makes me think it should be up against a wall like a daybed. Although it is not a day bed, I think you could use it any way. Having the canopy over the bed makes the bed the focal point of the room. Not only do those foot stools look great, they are also very functional! I would recommend the idea of these. They are really great for putting on shoes, socks, extra seating for friends etc. etc. The simplicity of the bedding creates a great non-patterened item in room. All in all we see a successful french county room done in Amethyst!

No comments:

Post a Comment